Canadian Acupressure College
The statement of purpose of the Canadian Acupressure College is to develop high quality, professional health practitioners who are able to use acupressure as a tool for human, social and planetary change.
Canadian Acupressure College
Do you find yourself reading health and wellness magazines in the evenings? Or are you providing not only massages but also lending a “listening ear” to family and friends? Or perhaps you are looking for Continuing Competency or Education Credits to fulfill the requirements of your association?
If so we invite you to join us at the exclusive Canadian Acupressure College and turn your passion into your new career. Study acupressure or chair massage along with others who, like you, are making job changes, beginning their first career or complementing a health-care career. Become a Five Elements Acupressure Practitioner or a Relaxfast!™ Chair Massage Practitioner who truly makes a difference!
The Five Elements Acupressure program consists of an ideal mix of distance learning, online trainings, and practice hours offered annually. For those of you from far-away places such as Eastern Canada, you may now study and learn acupressure from the ease and safety of your own home.
The Relaxfast! Chair Massage™ program is offered through distance learning with a combination of instructional videos, manual and textbook training and practice hours. Study this program entirely from the convenience of your home base.
Start A Class Today!
You will receive hands-on and foundational knowledge in Chair Massage Techniques and Sequences; Acupressure theory and principles; Five Elements; Extraordinary Vessels; Meridians and Acu-points; Contraindications; Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology; Ethics; Communications; and Business Start-up and Marketing.
By the time you graduate you will have the skills to feel empowered and confident to offer your services to the public and to work effectively with a wide range of presenting symptoms and issues.
Why Choose Us
- Individual course options.
- World-wide reputation for providing highly-skilled graduates.
- Senior qualified instructors highly regarded in their field.
- Instruction includes extensive hands-on experience.
- Business training included in all programs.
- Providing quality training since 1994.
- The only registered training institution in the Pacific Northwest offering a diploma in Five Elements Acupressure.
- Provides consumer protection to the student and meets quality education standards for career training as a registered member of PTIB (Private Training Institutions Board).
- Meets the requirements of CCRA (Canada Revenue Agency) allowing tuition fees for all courses to be deductible.
- Offers programs that have been approved for complementary health education standards by meeting the requirements of the NHPC (Natural Health Practitioners Association of Canada).
Meet the Faculty
Kathy de Bucy
Director and Co-Founder
Kathy is the administrator, director and co-founder of the Canadian Acupressure College. She has practised and taught Asian bodywork since 1986. She is a Certified Shiatsu Therapist (U.S.A.), Authorized Jin Shin Do® Teacher, Self-Therap/Ease Instructor and Neuro-Linguistic Programming Practitioner.
Kathy has studied Five Elements theory with Isobel Cosgrove from the Worsley College of Acupuncture in UK, Bob Duggan and Diane Connelly from the Traditional Acupuncture in USA, and Ron Pukey MD from the Canadian College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in Victoria.
Her previous work history includes studying as a nurse-in-training and practising as a Certified General Accountant, giving her a unique understanding of both the medical and business worlds. Kathy is a member of the JSDF and NHPC.
Join us at the exclusive Canadian Acupressure College and turn your passion into your new career.