What Our Graduates Say
“My experience with the Canadian Acupressure College has been a blessing. I have gained a deeper understanding of TCM and improved my skills as a natural health practitioner. I am thankful for Kathy de Bucy’s rich background in acupressure and for her comments and suggestions.”
RelaxFast!™ Chair Massage Diploma
RelaxFast!™ Chair Massage Diploma
The RelaxFast!™ Chair Massage Diploma Program is designed for those who wish to work in the health care field relieving stress on-site. Whether you are an entry-level applicant who wishes to begin a career in the healthcare field or a graduate of other bodywork modalities the program equips you with the specialized skills unique to Chair Massage.
RelaxFast!™ Chair Massage brings an in-depth understanding of acupressure points and meridians as well as five element associations to the massage techniques. Using these principles, graduates are qualified to meet more diverse needs of their clients in the chair.
The three parts of the theoretical and technical training consist of :
- Basic sequence on standard and massage chairs.
- Body mechanics for practitioners.
- Safety for all clients — moving on and off the chair.
- Meridians, acu-points, Five Elements
- Specific points for common conditions such as knee pain, hip pain, insomnia, headaches, anxiety, etc.
- Adaptations for special interest groups.
- Elder Care, Persons in Wheelchairs or Beds, Persons with Disabilities — physical or mental.
- Special technique precautions for compromised clients.
- Effective communication for special interest clients and their caregivers.
- Specific point combinations for balance problems, arthritis, stiffness, etc.
With over twenty (20) years of practical and training experience, the college will guide you through a comprehensive course of study that meets certification requirements. This program is delivered through distance learning and externship (practice hours), allowing you to continue to work at your employment in your home town.
Upon graduation you will be qualified to offer your skills to the general public or seek employment as a Relaxfast!™ Chair Massage Practitioner who instills safety and confidence to your clients.
Because this program is recognized by the Natural Health Practitioners of Canada, you may apply to this national organization for membership which includes professional liability insurance.
Registered by the Private Training Institutions Board, ensuring that your training and College has met the maximum regulations for private career colleges in the Province.
Additional topics covered include:
- Basic anatomy, physiology and pathology
- Techniques and sequences
- Standard and massage chair routines
- Ethics and scope of practice
Case Studies by Students
Eligible for 15 Continued Competency Credits for NHPC
Dates: March 15, June 15 and October 15, 2022
Enrollment: 10 Days Prior to Start Date
Ready for your next challenge?
Start Right Away!
Individual Courses may be enrolled in, starting any time!
#101 Anatomy & Physiology, #502/102 Ethics, #503/103 Communications, or #504/104 Business Start-up Principles. Enroll in each course as you have the fees and the time commitment. The tuition fees, dollar for dollar, and credits will be awarded to the Relaxfast! Chair Massage Program and Five Elements Acupressure Program.